- About Women Mean Business Ltd
http://www.womenmeanbusinessuk.com (the “Website”) is operated by Women Mean Business Ltd (“we”, “us”, “WMB Ltd”).We are registered in England and Wales under company number 8931348 with a registered office at The Granary, Westpoint, Exeter, Devon, EX5 1DJ. Telephone: 01392 366512.
WMB Ltd Membership provides business networking opportunities, business-related information, and personal / professional development suggestions.
- Terms and Conditions
The following information applies to every page on the Website, and to all of our events, whether or not such pages or events individually contain or deliver disclaimer notifications. All disclaimers, terms and conditions as set out in this Website shall form part of these terms and conditions (“Terms and Conditions”).
WMB Ltd makes the Website and events available to each individual who registers with, and has their application accepted by WMB Ltd (a “Network Member” or “you”), subject to these Terms and Conditions. By entering this Website and attending our events each Network Member accepts these Terms and Conditions, which results in the creation of a binding contract between us and you, and is confirmation that you are eligible to read the information on this Website and participate in our events. If you do not accept these Terms and Conditions and do not intend to be bound by them, please refrain from attending our events.
WMB Ltd reserves the right to reject any application, without limitation, for any reason it sees fit.
These Terms and Conditions may be changed from time to time. Your continued access and use of the Website and attendance at our events will mean that you agree to be bound by the most current version.
- Membership Fees
Membership fees are outlined on our Membership Application Form and on our website and are subject to alteration without prior notification. All membership fees are payable in full with the application, however in the event of non-acceptance of application they will be refunded immediately (within 7 working days). Membership period is one year from the date of acceptance of membership, unless a special offer has been introduced e.g. ‘14 months for the price of 12’. (Membership year) The Membership fee is charged annually and is liable on the day of the start of membership and then on the day of annual renewal.
Renewal membership payments will be notified by invoice. Payment is to be made before the end of the current annual membership date. In such cases where payment is not received before the end of current membership, membership will be suspended pending settlement.
Once renewal has been agreed and made it cannot be cancelled or refunded. WMB Ltd requires payment within 14 days of invoice/date specified on the invoice and reserves the right to charge an administration fee for late-payment of renewals.
Members pay an annual subscription fee in return for benefits that are accorded to the member. These benefits include priority invitations for events, reduced entry to certain events and at the discretion of WMB Ltd, prominent placement and promotion of the members business on the website, social media and other services designed to increase business marketing opportunities for each of its members.
Members of WMB Ltd will be invited to attend events organised by WMB Ltd. Details of such events will be uploaded on the Website as well as being emailed to all Members by e-newsletter.
All other membership benefits (such as discounts for specific services) can be found within the website and will be offered directly by Members to Members. WMB Ltd cannot guarantee the availability of Member-to-Member offers, and any goods or services provided may be subject to additional conditions.
Any female business owner or its representatives acting in a manner not conducive to the aims of WMB Ltd can have its membership suspended or rescinded at the discretion of WMB Ltd. Activities that can lead to suspension or membership cancellation include, cancellation of meeting fee Paypal Instruction, inappropriate and unprofessional behaviour, spamming members via email, posting of inappropriate content online or aggressive promotion. In such circumstances, no refund of fees will be made.
- Meeting Fees
Meeting fees are outlined on our Membership Application Form and on our website and are subject to alteration without prior notice. A condition of membership is that the monthly meeting fees are payable in advance by Paypal and there is no refund for non-attendance. Your first ever meeting with WMB Ltd is free but subsequent meetings have fees. We offer discounted meeting fees for members, in addition to loyalty rewards for referral of new members. For details of these benefits, please see our application form and our website as they are also subject to alteration without prior notice.
To get the most out of your WMB Ltd membership, you should attend as many WMB Ltd meetings as possible. By attending regularly, we can learn more about you and how we can help you to develop your business.
- Members Events Marketing
Members of WMB Ltd may advertise up to 6 events per membership year on both the WMB Ltd website and Facebook page. Members’ events will be posted on our events page, and from time to time (and at the discretion of WMB Ltd) WMB Ltd may further promote these events by email to members and on our Facebook page.
Members of WMB Ltd may send up to 3 direct email marketing messages to fellow WMB Ltd members per membership year. Members must send the email to firstname.lastname@example.org where it will be proofread and the content checked. If WMB Ltd approve of the email, we will then forward the email to WMB Ltd members and contacts.
Unused events adverts or direct email marketing messages cannot be carried over into the next years membership.
The adverts and direct email marketing messages can be used to advertise events or business promotions only. WMB Ltd allow up to 7 working days to post the advert to the website or forward any emails, and WMB Ltd reserve the right to deny any insertion / email forwarding.
- Eligibility to Use the WMB Ltd Website
By using WMB Ltd Website and Private Facebook Group “Women Mean Business Members”, you represent and warrant that:
- you are a WMB Ltd Member;
- all registration information you submit is truthful, accurate and up to date;
- you are 18 years of age or older; and
- your use of the Website / Facebook Group does not violate any applicable law or regulation.
WMB Ltd Members should be aware that we may block or delete your profile and/or cancel your registration if we believe that any information is incorrect or inaccurate or if we have received a complaint about your use of WMB Ltd Membership Website / Facebook Group.
- Fair Usage (What’s cool with us)
The WMB Ltd Website is made available for your use in connection with your participation with WMB Ltd Membership. As a result we undertake that:
- You may make transient or cached electronic copies of parts of the Website or print a copy of any page of the Website for your own research purposes;
- We will set up a WMB Ltd Membership profile to record your activity, personal and business information and your marketing and business events; and
- Keeping the Website Safe (What’s NOT cool with us)
WMB Ltd undertakes to use reasonable endeavours to keep the Website and Facebook Group safe for all WMB Ltd Members. In order to achieve this, WMB Ltd Members are not allowed to:
- Make copies of any part of the Website, except as expressly set out in these Terms and Conditions;
- Use access to WMB Ltd Membership or its content to generate income of any kind, except the income gained through forming new business relationships with fellow WMB Ltd Members and / or their contacts as introduced to you via WMB Ltd Membership and networking. Any other use of materials on the Website (including, without limitation, reproduction for a purpose other than that noted above and any modification, distribution or republication) without our prior written permission is prohibited,
- Use any data or information made available on or by this Website in connection with any business or commercial undertaking (whether or not for profit);
- Send or otherwise post unauthorised commercial or “spam” communications on this WMB Ltd Website;
- Upload viruses or other malicious code;
- Post content that is hateful, threatening, pornographic, or that contains nudity or graphic or gratuitous violence, or that is defamatory or untruthful material or material which breaches another’s right to privacy;
- Offer any contest, giveaway, or sweepstakes on WMB Ltd Website without our prior written consent.
- Use WMB Ltd Membership to do anything unlawful, misleading, malicious, or discriminatory;
- Do anything that could disable, overburden, or impair the proper working of WMB Ltd website, such as a denial-of-service attack; and
- Facilitate or encourage any violations of these Terms and Conditions by any third party, whether or not a WMB Ltd Member.
- If a WMB Ltd Member threatens the Website safety, that WMB Ltd Member will be wholly and solely responsible for any subsequent losses incurred as a result; this includes but is not limited to any losses incurred by WMB Ltd, its partners and appropriate third parties, any losses incurred by other WMB Ltd Members or by individuals viewing the Website.
- Membership Details, Password and Security
Upon joining WMB Ltd Membership, Members will be added to a private Facebook Group.
Within this Members only area, Members will have access to a directory of Members but the use of data from the directory for commercial purposes of any sort is not permitted.
Members will be asked to complete a membership profile in which they fill in personal and business details such as name, e-mail address, services they offer, phone number, website details. Members will have the opportunity to choose which of their personal details they would like listing in the Members directory, which can be viewed by all Members.
WMB Ltd reserves the right to refuse access to the secure Members only Facebook Group. Also WMB Ltd shall not be liable for any loss or damages whatsoever arising from your inability to access any pages on the website.
Any Member wishing to change, add or delete any information on themselves held on our Website or Facebook Group are able to do so by emailing email@example.com and notifying us of amendments. If you are unable to login or access the members area or you forget your login or password, you can contact the Website administrator by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org .
Members are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of financial details their membership, and for all activities that occur under their membership, whether by themselves or anyone else accessing their Facebook account or email. Members must ensure that they have any permissions or consents required to include material or links in the Members directory.
On becoming a WMB Ltd Member and expressly agreeing to these Terms and Conditions, you consent for us to share your information within WMB Ltd and with companies registered as partners and clients of WMB Ltd, including other members.
We will use your data to administer your membership and Events you attend. When you attend an Event your name may be included on a delegate list. Where you obtain information about other Members you must use this in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998.
Other Members may also use the personal data you make available in the Members directory. Do not make any information public which you do not want other Members to see.
If you have a concern about how another Member is using your personal data, or if you think it is being used in breach of these terms, please contact us at email@example.com .
You acknowledge that the internet is not a completely secure medium, and we therefore cannot be responsible for breaches of security arising out of intentional and/or unauthorised attempts to access the Site, for example, by computer hackers. In addition, we are not responsible for the use made of your personal data by other Members who access it through the Site.
- No Warranty and Reliance on Information Included Within Website
We do not make any representations, warranties or terms of any kind in respect of this Website, Facebook Group or its contents (including, without limitation, any views or comments expressed by any WMB Ltd Member), and in respect of any of our events, other than those required by us or implied by law.
All information and/or data included in and/or on this Website / Facebook Group and at any of our events is made available for guidance only. Your use of such information and/or data is therefore entirely at your own risk.
Opportunities and events listed on the Website are subject to availability and to any selection criteria that may be adopted by us, other WMB Ltd Members, or by our partner organisations from time to time. When an opportunity or event is applied for, an event is held or information is supplied by a partner organisation or WMB Ltd Member, our role is that of intermediary between the WMB Ltd Member and the relevant organisation and not as agent. We will do all we reasonably can to ensure successful delivery by the organisation but we do not act as agent for that organisation and we accept no liability for the standard, quality or any other aspect of any services or material supplied by the organisation or for any failure by the organisation to honour an event or offer of opportunity or to make available a specific event, opportunity or piece of information.
Events, opportunities and information offered or supplied by a partner organisation or other WMB Ltd Members are offered and supplied subject to the terms and conditions, including limitations of liability, fairly and properly imposed by the partner organisation and validly notified to the WMB Ltd Member.
The WMB Ltd Website / Facebook Group may also include links to external websites and/or services owned and/or operated by fellow WMB Ltd Members, participating companies and/or third parties. These are provided for your convenience and we accept no liability for and do not give any warranties or make any representations regarding any such websites and/or services and are not responsible for or liable in relation to the content or your use of such websites (other than to the extent required or implied by law).
- Limitation of Liability
This paragraph sets out our entire liability (including any liability for the acts and omissions of our officers, employees, consultants, agents and partner organisations) to you in connection with the WMB Ltd Website and membership and for any breach of these Terms and Conditions, statute, representation, statement or tortuous act or omission arising under or in connection with the WMB Ltd Website or as a result of membership and these Terms and Conditions (an “event of default”). Your attention is drawn in particular to the following:
- Our liability to you for death or injury resulting from our negligence shall not be limited
- We will not be liable to you in respect of any event of default resulting in loss of opportunity, income or goodwill, or any type of special, indirect or consequential loss, even if such loss was reasonably foreseeable
- We will not be liable to you in respect of any sales, leads, fellow Member’s interest, or lack thereof, generated by your publicized events on the WMB Ltd Website, or by your direct email marketing campaigns to fellow WMB Ltd Members. We do not guarantee or quantify any income of any kind, which may arise from your WMB Ltd Membership. Any business opportunities, leads or relationships with other WMB Ltd Members and/or their contacts that may be generated from your membership of Women Mean Business Ltd are your responsibility.
- We will not be liable for any breach of these Terms and Conditions or any failure or delay to provide services through the WMB Ltd Website which results from any event or circumstance beyond our reasonable control, including without limitation breakdown of systems or network access
- None of the above provisions will affect any of your statutory rights which are not capable of being excluded but in such case our obligation will be limited to the re-supply or, as the case may be, the correction of the relevant content or service. We expressly exclude, to the fullest extent permitted by law, all liability of Women Mean Business Ltd, its directors, employees or other representatives, howsoever arising, for any loss suffered as a result of your use of this Website or attendance at any of our events.
- Intellectual Property Rights
We and/or our respective licensors own the intellectual property in all design, text, graphics and other material and the selection or arrangement of such material on WMB Ltd Website.
Except as expressly permitted under these Terms and Conditions, you are not permitted to copy, download, store (in any medium), show or play in public, adapt or change in any way the content of these web pages for any purpose whatsoever without the prior written permission from WMB Ltd.
- Risk of Transmission
You should be aware that the Internet is not a completely secure or reliable transmission medium and may accordingly give rise to risk of manipulation or attempted fraud.
Neither WMB Ltd nor any of its directors or employees accepts any liability for any data transmission errors such as data loss or damage or alteration of any kind, including, but not limited to any direct, indirect or consequential damage, arising out of the use of the products or services referred to herein, nor any liability in relation to the confidentiality or security of email communication.
- Access to the WMB ltd Website
Due to the nature of the Internet, we do not and cannot promise full and error free operation of this Website at all times.
- Use of the WMB Ltd Members Forum (Facebook)
Members can participate in a WMB Ltd member’s discussion forum. The WMB Ltd Members Forum area is a public system and as such WMB Ltd takes no responsibility for the views expressed in messages posted to any discussion. Any views expressed are those of individuals, and do not necessarily reflect the views or policies of WMB Ltd.
WMB Ltd does not verify, confirm or accept any responsibility for any of the information, advice or material provided on the WMB Ltd Facebook Forums. If you use any of the information, advice or material posted on these forums, you do so solely at your own risk.
WMB Ltd accepts no obligation to monitor the use of the forums but reserves the right to remove without notice any material posted to any discussion which WMB Ltd deems to be offensive or in any way wholly inappropriate to the nature of the discussion. If you wish to complain about material on the forums, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Members agree not to:
- post any material which infringes third party intellectual property rights;
- post any content that is unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive or otherwise objectionable on the Members Forum;
- use the Members Forum for any external commercial purpose or to operate chain letters;
- use the Members Forum to make complaints against individuals and/or organisations.
- Enquiries or Complaints
You can contact us either by logging onto the Website, emailing us at email@example.com, calling the WMB Ltd office or writing to us at our registered office address.
We may revise these Terms and Conditions at any time by amending this page. You are expected to check this page from time to time to take notice of any changes made, as they are binding on you, but we will give WMB Ltd Members as much notice of a change as we reasonably can. Some of the provisions contained in these Terms and Conditions may also be superseded by provisions or notices published elsewhere on the Website.
We may also suspend or terminate WMB Ltd Membership at any time, but we will give as much notice as we reasonably can before we do so. In the event this happens, all WMB Ltd Member accounts will be suspended or terminated. If we sell or transfer WMB Ltd to another company we may transfer all of our rights and obligations under these Terms and Conditions without any further consent and may disclose or transfer all information we hold about WMB Ltd Members or prospective WMB Ltd Members to a prospective or actual new owner. Such a disclosure or transfer will not alter or affect the rights of such WMB Ltd Members in respect of the use that can be made of such information by such other company.
We reserve the right in our sole discretion to deny you access to the WMB Ltd Website and remove you from WMB Ltd Membership at any time, if:
- You breach these Terms and Conditions, or any applicable partner’s terms and conditions; or
- You are abusive or offensive to any member of our staff or other WMB Ltd Member.
Should WMB Ltd make a decision to terminate a member’s membership, no fees are refundable. Membership is to be renewed annually. WMB Ltd will email each Member once the membership is coming up to renewal. If a Member does not pay the annual membership fee then the membership is not continued and the Member will not have the benefit of membership.
A WMB Ltd Member can close her WMB Ltd Membership at any time by notifying us. If a WMB Ltd Member’s membership is closed her rights to access any aspect of Women Mean Business Ltd’s services are terminated with affect from the date of notification. No fees are refundable.
- Law and Jurisdiction
These Terms and Conditions and your use of the Website and attendance at our events (and any dispute, controversy, proceedings or claim of whatever nature arising out of or in any way relating to these Terms and Conditions, their formation or this Website) shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of England and Wales.
By using this Website and attending our events you accept that any dispute under these Terms and Conditions or arising out of use of this Website or by being a member shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts to which you submit.
You are responsible for compliance with any applicable laws of the country from which you are accessing this Website.